My name is Misty Speck and I am excited to be a part of the Upland Heights team. I graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Multidisciplinary Studies and at Angelo State University with a Master of Education degree in Guidance and Counseling. I have 12 years of teaching experience with 5 years at Canyon ISD and the past 7 years at Frenship ISD. I am married with 3 children: Addisyn (10), Landon (5), and Brynlee (4).
As the counselor for Upland Heights Elementary, my goals are to support students in the academic, personal, and social realms. I am looking forward to a wonderful year getting to know and work with your child. Thank you in advance for your support.
What does a school counselor do?
- Counsels individually with students
- Teaches guidance lessons in the classroom
- Conducts small group counseling sessions
- Collaborates with students, parents, and teachers
- Processes referrals (referrals can be made by student, teacher, parent, or administrator)
- Provides information on community resources for families
- Testing Coordinator
- 504 Services Coordinator
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the following subjects:
- Classroom performance
- Family changes (moving, death, divorce, or separation)
- Home stress
- Classroom behavior
- Sudden change in child's behavior
- Peer relations
- Family Counseling Services (806) 747-3488
- Catholic Family Services (806) 763-7273
- Family Guidance & Outreach Center of Lubbock (806) 747-5577
- Covenant Counseling Center (806) 725-5443
- Texas Tech Psychology Clinic (806) 742-3711
- Playroom Lubbock-Therapy Solutions for Kids (806) 340-0713