6401 43rd Street
Lubbock, TX 79407
PO Box 100
Wolfforth, TX 79382
Hello Friends and Family of Westwind!
What a privilege it is to serve as counselor and 504 coordinator for Westwind! I truly believe we have the most wonderful students on this side of the earth! My Tiger journey began in August of 2012. Prior to then, I was taught at a local charter school and worked as a counselor for South Plains College. I attended Texas Tech University for both my bachelor's and Master's degree.
My pride and joy is my family. I have a wonderful husband and three beautiful children. I spend most of my spare time bonding and building memories with them! I also enjoy creating and editing videos!
I want to take the opportunity to describe the role of a school counselor. You can find detailed information at: http://www.schoolcounselor.org/school-counselors-members/careers-roles/why-elementary-school-counselors For your convenience, I have copied and pasted the bullet points that perfectly describe the role of an elementary counselor.
School Guidance Curriculum
· Academic support, including organizational, study andtest-taking skills
· Goal setting and decision-making
· Career awareness, exploration and planning
· Education on understanding self and others
· Peer relationships, coping strategies and effective socialskills
· Communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution
· Substance abuse education
· Multicultural/diversity awareness
· Individual student planning
· Goal setting/decision- making
· Education on understanding of self, including strengths andweaknesses
· Transition plans
· Individual and small-group counseling
· Individual/family/school crisis intervention
· Conflict resolution
If I can help in any of these areas, pleae let me know!
I am beyond elated about having the opportunity to work with our families! Please feel free to contact me by email or contact me by phone at 806-799-3731 ext. 7505.